Senior Structural Technician job in Derby. Excellent salary and benefits package.
Your new company
They have been established for over 20 years delivering Structural and Civil Engineering design services to a wide range of clients operating in the commercial, industrial, power, health, transport, leisure and education sectors. They pride themselves on their high standards, attention to detail and Health and Safety aspects of their work. They are committed to providing a personal and flexible service individually tailored to each client's needs ensuring they provide a design and detailing service specific to each project.
Your new role
You will assist in the delivery of design projects by the production of design and detail drawings and documentation. Your main duties will include:
- Programming the workload for projects and briefing CAD Technicians.
- Production of accurate and detailed drawings utilising relevant computer software.
- Production of specifications, schedules and other documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Check designs produced by team members and provide feedback accordingly.
- Control and distribution of documentation in accordance with internal and client requirements.
- Assist others in the collation of project status and other reports.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery.
- Provide support and mentoring to other staff members including Junior Technician.
- Make short term visits to sites in the UK to support project and proposals needs for client liaison, site surveys, construction supervision, etc.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Adherence with relevant legislation and industry design standards including British Standards and Eurocodes as required.
What you'll need to succeed
You possess excellent construction knowledge with a strong appreciation of structural elements including reinforced concrete and drainage design. Ideally you also have substation project experience. You can demonstrate detailed knowledge of industry technical and design standards and you have substantial experience of producing engineering drawings. Your ability to assist in the production of clear and concise technical information, reports and specifications will be essential. Obviously, your proficiency in the use of CAD packages / relevant software is a must.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and a extensive benefits package which includes pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday (plus stats) and flexible working. There is also on site parking. You will be encouraged to share ideas and improvements as positive contributions are highly valued. You will be given the autonomy to make your own decisions and develop new plans and ideas for yourself, your team and the business as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'