Senior Structural Technician
Your new company
A National provider having been established for almost 40 years offering technical services with a reputation for excellence.Their core activity is in Civil and Structural Engineering, but they are a multi-disciplinary practice and provide expertise in the following areas;
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical and Environmental Site Investigations
- Infrastructure Design and Flood Risk Analysis
- Principal Designer, CDM Consultants and Project Safety
- Building Surveying and Party Wall Matters
- Structural Inspections and Surveys
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support
- Sustainability Services
- Project Management
Your new role
Structural detailing of steelwork concrete and masonry to support their existing structural and civil engineering departments based at the Liverpool city centre office.
- Become a Project lead Technician on a number of projects, taking responsibility for production of design/drafting solutions in some instances in collaboration with our wider Structural and Infrastructure teams.
- Ensuring quality and delivery of all drawing and modelling work to agreed project programmes.
- Develop concept ideas and sketches into drawing details and diagrams.
- Assist in the development of the systems and procedures to ensure that all project operating plans is used effectively.
- Assist in developing and implementing Revit standards and adapt to specific project standards
- Provide Revit quality control of all projects, including model maintenance and reviews and application of best practices.
What you'll need to succeed
Typically 10 years relevant industry experience as a civil/structural engineering technician able to show a good general broad knowledge of civil/structural engineering design. To be able to show recent experience of working on bridge structures incorporating 3D modelling. Revit experience would be beneficial, including setting out and modelling of complex curved structures, family creation and large model management with knowledge and experience of producing COBie tables. Experience of working on major projects in a multi-disciplinary environment. Ability to prepare high quality General Arrangement and Detail drawings for the various project stages from concept to construction.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary depending on experience, Pension, Medical cover, Bonus scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.