Chartered Structural Engineer
Your new company
- The role will be home based, although planned office attendance and UK travel will be required.
- Carry out initial visits and assess damage to a high professional standard.
- Engage with local adjusters in all divisions to maximise intake of new business.
- Form an integral part of the field team and will be expected to carry out tasks in the most efficient manner to achieve business objectives and team SLAs & targets and comply will all TCF requirements
- Ensure that all work is carried out to a high professional standard
Your new role
- Provide Structural reports associated with damage to property as part of a Buildings Insurance claim
- Provide structural design and design calculations associated with repair and refurbishment projects
- Preparing initial appraisal reports and budget costing with recommendations for repair and reinstatement.
- Preparing specification of works for repairs and reinstatement
- Ensuring all Planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
- Contract Administration - JCT and bespoke contracts
- Act as a Technical reference point for Loss Adjusters and Insurers
- Carry out one off expert / technical / defect diagnosis reports
- Ensure compliance with all performance and process requirements.
- Complaint and dispute resolution.
- Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it
- Maintain provision of business related MI
- Delivery of services within SLA target, company governance and operating framework, and revenue targets
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive knowledge of structural elements, design, design calculations, building construction and contract administration.
- Understand the principals of continuous improvement and innovation
- Awareness of Building Regulations compliance and requirements in relation to repair and refurbishment.
- Awareness of Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015, specifically in relation to structural and scheme design
- Awareness of Planning, Conservation and Listed Building requirements
- Expert technical knowledge in building related claims
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary, Pension, Medical cover, Car allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.