Senior Stress Engineer
Carrying out specific analysis tasks to meet the time, cost and quality requirements of projects. This may include but not be limited to:
Scheme / detail design tasks consisting of:
* Static and dynamic stress calculations to BS2573, BS5950, Eurocodes, DNV standards and customer standards as required
* Multibody system dynamics and functional calculations
* Finite Element Analysis (FEA) including translation of CAD geometry
* Thermal, seismic, piping, pressure vessel analysis
* Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis
* Throughput, Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (TRAM) assessments
* Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Summary analysis / substantiation reports
* Design review
Maintaining the project's working folder
Checking and approving of deliverables produced by other team members
Project Management Interaction
Interact with project management staff to achieve the best outcome for the projects;
* Agree remaining work durations
* Highlight (at the earliest opportunity) when a task will not be completed to a previously agreed timescale
* Identify and report change
Act as mentor to a number of engineering staff to:
* Develop their technical knowledge and understanding
* Provide support in achieving developmental goals
* Encourage staff to develop their personal competencies
This may include but not be limited to;
* Estimating durations for design of tender items
* Composing technical responses to quotation requests
Our client has been established for over 20 years locally and is focused on delivering design solutions to the nuclear industry, specialising in the design of mechanical handling plant and equipment, the design and installation of plant control systems and the provision of support to plant safety reviews.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree / HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline
* Has been responsible for a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity.
* Sound appreciation of manufacturing, assembly and test techniques
* A high level of commercial awareness.
* Sufficient technical knowledge and understanding of the industry to be able to technically lead a team, shape the outcome of a project and encourage and assist others in the delivery of that project
* Ability to manage his / her own workload and self-manage to deliver tasks
* Ability to make prioritisation decisions on work
* Ability to read, understand and shape new procedures and standards
* Is expected to need management rather than supervision
* Is expected to be proficient in the production of standard analysis deliverables
* Is expected to be an experienced user of relevant analysis tools, techniques and methods
* Is expected to be conversant with legislation, regulations and codes applicable
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'