Senior Strategy Manager – Costa Finance – Grade B – Permanent – Dunstable Based
A great opportunity for a Senior Strategy Manager to support the Strategy Director, Finance Director and Costa MD in defining and executing the growth strategy for Costa. The Senior Strategy Manager will provide timely analysis and make informed recommendations on strategic plans, business development projects, potential acquisitions, divestments, market characteristics, business issues, competitive dynamics and future product development. The role will also work closely with the Transformation Office and be responsible for providing targeted strategic support on 5Yr Plan initiatives – where required to address challenges / barriers to progress. This will require the individual to work closely with divisional leaders.
Roles & responsibilities will include;
- Support the development of Costa’s strategy
- Support Costa's annual business planning process. Working with the business MDs to identify growth priorities and the challenges to be overcome in the next five years
- Provide timely and insightful analysis and recommendations on strategic plans, business development projects, acquisitions, competitive dynamics and future product and market development
- Support the process of new market prioritisation and working closely with equity, Express and franchise businesses to assess/develop plans for new market entries
- Support the assessment of M&A and other business development opportunities.
- Lead targeted strategic support on certain 5 YrPlan business initiatives as identified through the Transformation Office
Skills & experience will include;
- Experience working for a leading strategy consultancy or strategy function of a large corporate
- Strategy development experience
- Market and competitor analysis
- Excellent report writing (Word and Powerpoint) and presentation skills for a PLC Board audience
- Analytical rigour and attention to detail
- Articulate with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of market research techniques, approaches and of data sets available for market and competitor analysis
- Experience of sourcing, collection and analysing data from multiple sources
- Experience in an international secondment or working on projects involving overseas businesses
- Managing Commercial due diligence process
So bring us your unique blend, together with ambition and experience and in return we’ll give you a competitive salary, a yearly bonus, plenty of benefits and more coffee than you could dream of to enjoy in a supportive environment.
We’re incredibly proud to be the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand* Now, as we’re expanding into new countries across the globe, we have even greater ambitions and have launched a business wide transformation programme to drive progress and ensure delivery of our five-year plan.
*Independent survey of 5000 people published in December 2016 by Allegra Strategies. For further details see