To deliver strategy, communications and engagement work that will enable the organisation and its partners to achieve key strategic objectives with a focus on change. The postholder will be responsible for developing and delivering internal and external communications, policy and resident and staff engagement to improve fairness and reduce inequality.
1. To translate high level corporate objectives and policies into strategies to deliver tangible results. This will include undertaking research, consultation and analysis across a range of topics, using a the full range of communications channels and techniques range to provide appropriate targeted information to different groups and enact change as appropriate.
2. To lead on allocated cross-cutting corporate strategy and communications projects and work effectively to support and challenge departments, the community and other partners to tackle inequalities.
3. To support the development and delivery of a framework for officers across the organisation to deliver lower level communications and marketing activity for their services, through support and advice, policies and good practice guidelines.
4. To develop and implement communications and marketing activity to support the corporate priorities using a full range of communications and marketing techniques and channels.
5. To contribute to the forward planning and delivery of strategy, communications and engagement projects to inform and engage key stakeholders with the issues that most affect local people or the organisation's reputation.
6. To create and deliver strategic plans to enact behaviour change at all levels as appropriate, using all communication channels, including social media, campaign sites and emerging technology as well as face to face tactics.
7. To support the development of the improvement and transformation agenda across the organisation and participate in projects and initiatives where applicable, using the full range of strategic communications and marketing planning and techniques to enact significant change.
1. Significant experience in either a communications or policy role.
2. Understanding and practical experience of developing communications and marketing strategies, campaigns and projects using the full range of channels and techniques.
3. Good understanding of the role and application of strategy, policy and equalities issues ideally in a local authority context.
4. Experience of giving advice to and gaining the confidence of senior managers and councillors.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.