Senior strategic IT Category Manager
Our West London based client is looking for a talented Senior strategic IT Category Manager with a flair for building relationships.Key accountabilities
- Provide up-to-date professional expertise and advice to ADs and colleagues undertaking ICT procurement activities including contract and supplier relationship management
- Take ownership and responsibility for ICT procurement processes and procedures being utilised across the wider organisation, ensuring they reflect current thinking and best procurement practice to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Retain and understand the key commercial and contractual deliverables for the ICT category, including internal governance processes. Ensure a structured change control process is utilised to manage contract changes and variations.
- Lead and take responsibility for the identification and delivery of the strategic ICT procurement pipeline of work that supports the most mission critical services agreed in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Develop and lead effective, collaborative working relationships with key users and stakeholders across the organisation to agree commercial approaches and deliver excellent commercial outcomes. Build relationships, networks and look for further collaboration with other regulators or third sector organisations as appropriate.
- Provide compelling, consistent and corporate leadership that builds a sense of shared accountability for the ICT procurement success of the organisation.
- For the strategic procurements develop project plans, define resource needs and structure roles and responsibilities of sourcing and evaluation teams. Monitor and report progress against major milestones for each sourcing initiative.
- Ensure key ICT Suppliers critical to the ability of the organisation to deliver its role are identified, and supplier relationship management is being actively and effectively performed with them.
- Proactively identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the ICT category in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Substantial experience in procurement working within the ICT category or evidence of in depth experience of working with ICT solutions providers, having responsibility for sourcing activities
- Extensive experience of working with public sector procurement procedures including the application of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 including the use of the major ICT frameworks
- Experience of leading and working within cross-functional teams to develop strategy and deliver sourcing activities
- A track record of establishing high quality effective working relationships with senior stakeholders
Please apply now for further details and to be considered.