New opportunity not to be missed. Our clientis looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Statistician to join the team based in Slough. You will receive a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending upon qualifications and experience.
About our client
Our client is the UK's largest independent provider of research, assessment and information services for education, training and children's services. As part of the Centre for Statistics your work will gather insight and evidence that positively impact the world of education. With approximately 50% of your time working with clients and the rest on company related activities and exploring new areas of research as part of their ongoing mission, this is a rewarding and fulfilling career.
A registered charity with an income of £18 million and 210 staff. They undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services.
The Senior Statistician role
As a Senior Statistician your work will be varied and exciting, you’ll develop proposals and lead projects using a range of multi variate techniques to explore data, build knowledge and generate evidence about education. You will work on a large variety of evaluation work, an exciting portfolio of test development projects and have access to an internal research fund.
Your methodological excellence and insight expertise will be applied to a wide variety of projects; Internationally on projects such as PISA, PIRLS and TIMSS and on topics such as girls education, out-of-school-children, and strengthening learning assessment in low-income countries; to shape Policy by generating evidence about themes such as teacher retention, school improvement and pupil premium; and for Assessments by assisting in the development of their testing products as well as inputting into the statistical analysis required by the Trials Unit in designing and delivering robust randomised controlled trials and impact evaluations that comply with international standards.
As the Senior Statistician you will;
- Contribute to the development of the compnay as a leading statistical organisation, strengthening the quality of proactive and contract proposals, statistical methodologies and project outcomes
- Build on the company's understanding of the policy context, developing strong client relationships, and designing research and product development initiatives to broaden their reach and impact
- Contribute to research and development projects at a strategic level, to input into creative thinking and innovation
- Further develop an understanding of statistical methods by investigating alternative techniques used by academics and other research organisations
- Assist in leading a group of statisticians, psychometricians and trial managers in developing their statistical and quantitative capabilities in relation to assessing and measuring the impact of policy and/or programme delivery across education in the UK and internationally
- Work on internally and externally funded statistical projects and analyses
Knowledge/Skills/Experience needed to become their Senior Statistician
- A Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Data Science, with proven experience in research. You should have a strong academic background, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on technical expertise in data management able to produce actionable insights and problem solving
- Have a strong understanding of using various statistical methodologies with applied statistics/data analytics in survey research, ideally including sampling methodology, weighting strategies, the use of multi variate analysis techniques and the analysis of hierarchical data
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, R, MPlus and MLwin
The benefits of working as their enior Statistician includes a pleasant office environment and beautiful surroundings, 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays and discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
The company is an equal opportunity employer, an Investor in People and a Registered Charity.
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Senior Statistician please click 'Apply’ below.
To support your application, please provide a covering letter answering the following.
- Please give details of any experience that you consider relevant to this application.
- Please give your main reasons for applying for the post and indicate how it would fit in with your plans for your career.