Senior Statistician, Slough. Salary: £40,000-£44,000 per annum + excellent benefits
We have a great opportunity for an ambitious Senior Statistician in Swansea.
Our client is a leading UK Organisation whose purpose is to provide leading educational research and assessment to the education sector both in the UK and Internationally.
This is a great opportunity for the Senior Statistician to play a leading role in the development of education systems across the UK around the world. You will use statistical analysis to deliver projects as part of a leading, multi-disciplinary team of experts in assessment and research.
The key elements of the Senior Statistician role are:
- To contribute to the development of the Company as a leading statistical organisation, strengthening the quality of proactive and contract proposals, statistical methodologies and project outcomes.
- To contribute to research and development projects at a strategic level.
- To further develop an understanding of statistical methods by investigating alternative techniques used by academics and other research organisations.
- To assist the Head of Statistics and the Research Director in leading a group of statisticians, psychometricians and trial managers in developing the organisation’s statistical and quantitative capabilities in relation to assessing and measuring the impact of policy and/or programme delivery across education in the UK and internationally.
- To assist with internally and externally funded statistical projects
The Senior Statisticianmust be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- Well qualified in statistics, or economics
- Proven experience of working in a statistical/econometric experience
- Knowledgeable about survey research and secondary analysis of data
- Experienced user of statistical software, particularly STATA and SPSS but including other statistical packages such as R, MPlus and MLWin
- Able to lead projects, from formation of idea to final report and to lead other statisticians and researchers within project teams
- A practical and well-organised approach to the analysis of data
- Able to work flexibly as a member of a team with an interest in education or general social science research
This is a great opportunity for the right Senior Statistician to join an organisation that really appreciates their people, offers a really friendly working environment, competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
Please apply now for an immediate interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"