Our client is a global brand with thirty years of experience and expertise as a supplier of statistics, econometric and forecasting software, the delivery of quality training programmes and consultancy services. We provide a total solution to our diverse range of clients across the fields of statistics, econometrics, forecasting, operational research and mathematics.
The software packages that our client support, distribute and provide training on are as follows:
Stata, EViews, OxMetrics, GAUSS, Forecast Pro, NVivo, StatGraphics, Scientific Word, Workplace & Notepad, WhatsBest, LINGO, LINDO API, Prognoz and many more.
The Unique Opportunity:
Due to continuing company success and expansion plans, we are seeking to appoint an experienced and professional person to head the econometrics, statistics & forecasting area of the business. Our client's training & consultancy categories have grown significantly over the past three and this key person will formulate the strategic business decisions in these areas.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for identifying opportunities both in training, consultancy and internationally with our overseas offices.
The opportunity gives exposure to academia with the high profile associates that work with our client and also teaching exposure as they will also personally deliver training onsite and with our public attendance courses.
The other aspect of the opportunity is very commercial with consultancy projects and identifying tenders so the role is very unique giving exposure to industry as well as academia.
They have offices in Dubai, USA, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Brazil & Japan so a willingness to travel abroad is required.
- Essential to be familiar in the use of Stata, EViews or OxMetrics software packages.
- Desirable but not essential to have programming ability in econometric software packages such as Stata, EViews & OxMetrics
- Ability to handle & organise data sets
- Ability to write proposals, reports, academic papers
- Provide training onsite and public attendance in Stata, EViews, OxMetrics and other packages distributed.
- Provide teaching support to our academic associates at their public attendance & summer school courses
- Provide technical support onsite and via WebEx on the software's that we distribute
- Support the technical aspect of the business for all international offices
- Technical copy writing and content for the website and marketing materials
- Identify new training, consultancy & associates and opportunities
- Demonstrations of the software packages distributed on site with clients and also via WebEx
- Directly contribute towards fulfilment of bespoke consulting projects, demonstrating specialist industry knowledge and utilising defined research/analytical practices.
- Provide specialist market knowledge to clients and the wider research team; acting as trusted advisor, sharing knowledge and best practice across the group.
This truly is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and entrepreneurial consulting/training executive, who has the desire to achieve professional excellence within a fast paced, growing, strategic consultative business environment.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will be an experienced research/consulting professional with a thorough understanding of strategic market research methodologies (primary and secondary). Experience of training and some proven success of direct client interaction and custom consulting project fulfilment would be desirable. A pro-active, organised, methodical and innovative working practice is essential, with a proven ability of delivering accurate results in a fast paced, business to business consulting & training environment. An understanding of academia and commercial sectors using econometrics, statistics & forecasting. Excellent knowledge of Stata, EViews & OxMetrics and delivering training of these software's is desirable.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Postgraduate degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or Mathematics
- The applicant would benefit from PhD in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or Mathematics, however not essential.
- Proven experience and understanding of the commercial research market and research/consulting methodologies (primary/secondary research and strategic consulting best practices/process) would be an advantage.
- Fluent English language skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Ability to identify sources of funding and pursue the process of securing funds
- Willingness to extend skills, especially in statistical and econometric methods
- Experience in delivering training in statistics, econometrics and forecasting (and relevant software packages)
- Knowledge of Econometric, Statistical & Forecasting software's and in particular Stata, EViews & OxMetrics
- Experience of analysing key market information/data, and summarising/presenting key findings.
- Ability to forge/maintain key client relationships and effectively manage strategic business partnerships.
- Able to conduct detailed business needs analysis and deliver the relevant research/consulting solution.
- An analytical thought process with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of business acumen with the ability to identify opportunities/ gather/ analyse/ interpret business/ market data and articulate/ present key findings at a senior level.
- The ability to work autonomously and also collaboratively in a team environment
Their remuneration packages therefore reflect their belief that outstanding performance should be rewarded and this role will be based on a profit share agreement. The candidate will be part of the Management Team of the business.
Salary up to £60k plus performance related bonus.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job