The role of Senior Statistical Modeller exists to conduct advanced statistical analysis and build predictive models to support a variety of business cases and performance outcomes. The successful candidate will have a great understanding of data manipulation, attribute creation, statistical methods, and multiple modelling/scoring techniques and will comfortable operating in a project driven environment.
Operating in a senior role, the candidate may be required to offer mentoring support to a small team of statistical modelers and analysts, providing tactical direction and advice to help meet team objectives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a FTSE listed company as a Statistical Modeller that offers excellent benefits and extends fantastic career prospects.
- Review and provide critical guidance for the development, coding, and implementation of existing and future statistical models
- Provide consultative support, training, and be a resource to internal and external statistically trained and non-statistically trained audiences
- Play a senior / lead role in the build of statistical models and complete various analytic projects to support existing projects and new business cases
- Suggest/build software tools (i.e. R, SQL) to streamline the building of models and other analytics
- Research and design advanced scores, attributes, products and indexes through exploration of across a wide range of data sources
- Operate in a senior capacity, providing oversight and direction when required Researches best practices and new technologies
- Other relevant analytically driven duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or equivalent quantitative methods, MSc or PhD in similar field an advantage.
- Extensive background of applied modelling and analytics experience in applicable industry. Previous team lead experience preferred.
- Advanced user of Python, R, SAS or equivalent analytic software.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies such as GLMs, Decision Trees, PCA, etc..
- Strong ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively.
- Thorough understanding of various statistical methodologies including linear regression, logistic regression, and other advanced analytic methods
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Experience processing large data sets
- Experience matching/merging multiple data sets Fluency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The chosen candidate will be forward thinking analytically driven business, utilising cutting edge technology with a culture of innovation and collaboration. Superb career prospects. Apply for full job & interview details.
- Statistical Software