Accountable to: Home Manager/Deputy Managers
Working Pattern: Minimum 3 shifts at 36.75 hrs
We would like to hear from candidates who would be interested in caring for residents that need high dependency nursing. Our residents have severe physical neurological disorders, some needing invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
If you have previous ITU or HDU experience then this would definitely be an advantage.
We would need you to work a minimum of 3x12 ¼ hour shifts per week (36.75 hrs per week) and you would need to be able to work rotational day and night shifts during the week and weekends. Shift times are from 7.45am - 8.00pm and 7.45pm - 8.00am (additional shifts above your contacted hours are available if you wish).
This is going to be challenging and varied role so you will need to be focused, realised and flexible team player.
All candidates must be registered as an RGN with a NMC Pin
Experience in neuro rehabilitation environment is desirable but not essential
Participate as a member of the nursing team in providing an efficient and professional nursing service to the patients, ensuring the best possible standards of care at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Up to date personal knowledge of changes and developments within the profession, the specialty and nurse education.
- Act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care, with strict observance of the policies and procedures of Highfield House, contribute as a member of the team toward the total care of patients, acting with discipline and professionalism at all times.
- Maintain good communication regarding patients and all matters concerning the work of the unit or report any changes in the condition of patients to the manager or medical staff when appropriate.
- Prepare, receive and give reports on the condition of patients as appropriate.
- Participate in and carry out all nursing procedures for the care and welfare of patients. Maintain regular contact with patients, relating to all relevant information to Manager or Management Team.
- Maintain all nursing records and observations accurately and as regularly as requested.
- Ensure that the custody, recording and administration of controlled, recorded and all other drugs and medication are carried out in strict accordance with Highfield House policy.
- Provide for the total service to the patients by making any arrangements and preparing the resident as required for diagnostic tests, operations, discharge to another hospital or establishment, ensuring that the resident is properly informed and prepared.
- Maintain a good liaison and communication with all medical staff. Ensure that all treatment ordered by the medical staff are carried out.
- Maintain good liaison with paramedical staff Assist and cooperate in the treatment and care of patients.
- Liaise with and ensure good relationships with domestic support services.
- Relieve and help on other units and departments to cover staff shortages.
- Communicate with relatives of patients and visitors with courtesy and consideration, having regard for their anxieties and problems.
- Providing support and advice to staff (especially junior staff) on clinical and administrative issues.
- Keeping the Sister/ Charge Nurse informed of significant changes and/or anticipated problems.
For more infomation please see our website