Senior Staff Nurse (Outpatients / Ambulatory Theatre)
Part Time - 30 hours per week
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the UK and the largest in terms of revenue, comprising of 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and 2 specialist cancer care centres. Significant capital investment of over £500m since 2007, continuous investment in the business, dedicated colleagues, and comprehensive and competitive benefits, makes Spire an exciting and innovative place to work. Employing over 7,800 colleagues, Spire continuously delivers excellent care with leading clinical outcomes and a high level of patient satisfaction.
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in Manchester consists of over 500 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive.
So, what will this role of Senior Staff Nurse entail?
Reporting to the Senior Sister - Outpatients, as a Senior Staff Nurse you will provide exemplary planned care for patients in the Outpatients Department and Ambulatory Theatre. You’ll showcase your clinical and leadership skills by managing and ensuring your team deliver first class patient care. This will include being constantly involved in the development and improvement of practices, which could be your own, your colleagues, or the service provided.
What do I need in order to be considered for this Senior Staff Nurse role?
- Proven experience working in an Outpatients Department, and a Registered Nurse (RGN) with a relevant mentorship, supervisory or management qualification
- Competency across a range of nursing skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge, including infection control and health and safety
- Proven experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
- Superb analytical skills, with the ability to analyse staff and resource management problems and develop viable solutions
- Evidence of challenging consultants to influence evidence-based practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and using own initiative
- IT literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Flexible approach to work and working patterns
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be working in a motivating workplace environment within a leading-edge facility, as part of a company that commits to employees’ well-being through training, support and rewards.
Salary: Up to £32,000 pro rata (equating to £25,600 per annum for 30 hours per week), level dependent on experience.
Attractive Benefits: Discounted 5-star quality food within the onsite restaurant, private medical cover, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, enhanced employer contributory pension scheme, life assurance, employee assistance programme, wellness screening, eyesight tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work vouchers, salary sacrifice gym membership, transport season ticket loans, retail and entertainment discounts, group income protection and a hospital cash plan, and long service recognition rewards.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week, 4 days per week within Monday to Friday, working 7.5 hour shifts on a rota between 8am and 8pm. Flexibility will be needed to work occasional Saturdays.
Location: Didsbury, Manchester. Superb transport links with trains, buses and the Metrolink, whilst conveniently located near to the M56 and M60.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service or Disclosure Scotland will be required for successful applicants.