Senior Specialist - Planning Enforcement needed in based in Totnes and the salary is £40,876.00 pa PAYE
This is a full time permanent role.
Employer Reference: 5189197
This role will be majority home working with some site and office visits required.
This role will involve:
- Overseeing and taking a strategic view of the Planning Enforcement service provision and being accountable for its effective delivery
- Working with the Head of Service and Senior DM specialists to deliver continuous improvement of the wider Planning Service
- Providing specialist advice, guidance and work direction to colleagues on more complex cases or where necessary
- Assessing a range of potential planning breaches through desk based research and site visits
- Engage and negotiate a resolution of planning breaches where possible
- Providing clear and impartial advice and responding to queries from a range of stakeholders including elected Members, residents, applicants, agents and developers
- Producing and presenting clear and accurate reports articulating clearly both the proposal, the key determining issues and setting out appropriate recommendations
- Drafting Enforcement Notices, Breach of Condition Notices, Planning Contravention Notices and other statutory notices
- Monitoring Compliance with statutory notices
- Dealing with planning appeals (including drafting appeal statement) through written representation, hearings or public inquiries
- Evaluating evidence and preparing for prosecutions in Court
Ideally candidates will have:
- A degree in planning, other appropriate qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent working knowledge of planning legislation, national planning policy and planning reforms
- Experience of a variety of planning work (including appeals and planning enforcement)
- Ability to write accurate reports, statements of evidence clearly explaining the key determining issues, application of sound judgement and final decision/recommendations
- Proficient in the use of ICT including Microsoft applications and specialist systems
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please beprepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'