Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The Global Financial Services Credit team in London is responsible for managing the company’s non-bank financial institution (NBFI) credit portfolio outside of the US, comprising insurance companies, broker/dealers, investment banks, central clearing counterparties and regulated funds. The team works closely with London, New York and Asia based colleagues to develop and structure credit relationships with these entities in support of the overall BNY Mellon client relationship.
The Senior Specialist will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and assuming all related credit responsibilities, including structuring and proposing credit limits, negotiating related documentation and ongoing portfolio management. The role will include financial statement credit analysis and review of other metrics and data.
Reports to the manager of the Global Financial Services Credit team in London.
- Counterparty credit analysis of global NBFI counterparties and prospects supporting loan facilities, securities lending and repo transactions, intraday facilities in relation to collateral management, foreign exchange hedging, custody related securities settlement and clearing credit products.
- Credit request structuring and approval through the relevant portfolio manager.
- Term sheet and closing documentation negotiation.
- Preparing ad-hoc financial and documentary reviews.
- Assigning counterparty risk ratings and ensuring the credit quality of the Bank’s counterparties is accurately reflected in appropriate systems.
- Work closely with relevant business sectors, relationship managers and external clients to monitor the portfolio on an ongoing basis.
- Ad-hoc trading and credit approvals and ongoing portfolio administration.
- Expreience in NBFI counterparty credit risk.
- Education to at least degree level, preferably in finance, accounting or quantitative discipline. CFA or MBA also advantageous.
- Formal credit training within a major financial institution preferable. Experience of the insurance sector preferred, but not required.
- Broad knowledge of the securities industry and related banking products to include collateral management, securities lending and repurchase transactions, custody and clearing and related intraday and overnight credit support facilities.
- Ability to effectively and confidently interact with external clients, BNY Mellon business partner groups and the internal credit hierarchy is expected. The candidate should display strong credit judgment including knowledge of industry dynamics and risks as well as the macro economic factors affecting our client base.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Formal writing style with the ability to appropriately articulate complex topics.
- Experience of ISDA-CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, custody, clearing and loan documentation negotiation preferable.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize, producing accurate and timely work under pressure is essential.
- Credit Risk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job