Hamilton Brown is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Sous Chef for a fantastic opportunity for within our clients kitchen team.
As a Senior Sous Chef you will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef with the day-to-day management and forward planning of the Kitchen. You will oversee the preparation and cooking of all food items and correct storage in line with kitchen procedures for the hotel and must be able to demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceed customer expectations.
You will be expected to input enthusiasm and knowledge into menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
Hours: 5 days out of 7 (based on a shift pattern Monday - Sunday)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience) gross per annum
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Head Chef in all aspects of the hotel kitchen, including effective rostering.
- To assume the responsibilities of the Head Chef in his/her absence.
- Assisting with the training, development and all aspects of HR management within the department, including planning and organising staff holidays, managing absence and performance, doing return to work interviews.
- Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food items is of the highest quality at all times.
- To ensure customer satisfaction is maintained by dealing with customer/visitor complaints according to company policy and ensuring customers/visitors/staff with disabilities and food allergies are assisted whenever needed, ensuring food allergen data is in place.
- Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Being aware of local requirements, market needs, competition, trends, recipes, potential costs, availability of food & beverage products, merchandising and promotions.
- To ensure efficient stock rotation and assist the Head Chef when placing orders.
- To ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment, establishing and maintaining effective employee relations and inter-departmental working relationships.
- To ensure the department is operated within the legal framework by ensuring the department and staff operate within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date, including health & safety, HACCP, hygiene and any other legislation as appropriate.
- To ensure the department operates within the budgetary constraints laid down by senior management and meets its profitability/cost targets.
- Minimum 2 years' experience at Senior Sous Chef level
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Catering
- Knowledge of all sections in the Kitchen
- Experience of managing budgets, including wages and GP
- Working knowledge of HACCP procedures and recording
- Previous experience of managing a kitchen team in line with HR procedures
- Ability to work on own initiative with good team leader skills
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Previous experience at Head Chef level
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Please register your interest via www.hamiltonbrown.com and one of our consultants will be in touch.