We are recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef to take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of cuisine within our 2 rosette restaurant, private dining, meetings and weddings, creating fantastic memories for our guests.
You will support in ensuring the kitchen team are inspired to achieve targets and assist in managing departmental manpower and operating costs in line with budgets.
Supporting to deliver activities that continuously develop the skills and capabilities of your team, you will be committed to ensuring that every team member feels valued and engaged.
This hands-on role provides the opportunity to develop your supervisory skills in your interactions with team members.
To meet the challenge of the Senior Sous Chef role you will need to possess:-
- Proven experience working in a 2AA rosette standard Restaurant and Conference, Banqueting and Wedding establishment; Events are key to this operation.
- Demonstrable communication skills, and the ability to successfully lead, motivate and develop a kitchen brigade.
- An excellent track record of providing consistently high quality standards of food and presentation
- A proven record of maintaining five star standards of Health, Safety and Hygiene within the kitchen
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
Competencies of a Senior Sous Chef:
- You must be passionate about delivering outstanding hospitality to our guests whilst demonstrating good food knowledge.
- The ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential.
- In return you will be rewarded with a fun and engaging environment.
Woodlands Park Hotel is set in ten acres of peaceful Surrey countryside and offers 57 luxurious bedrooms, 9 Conference and Event rooms catering from 8-150 people, and two unique dining experiences; the magnificence of the Oak Room fine dining Restaurant, and the more casual modern elegance of Benson’s.
Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of 20 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Our core values are family, initiative, welcoming, individuality, and local engagement - you make it Hand Picked.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.