DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supporting with menu development and design taking into account the nutritional requirement of the company healthy eating cuisine.
• Supporting the Head Chef in recruiting, managing, training and performance of all kitchen staff to the company’s high standards.
• To raise purchase orders via the central ordering system
• Updating the People System in relation to daily hours worked by staff members and to complete rotas as instructed in the absence of the Head Chef
• Responsible for the preparation and presentation of our buffets and food on the menus.
• Maintain & improve standard of service and operating standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction
• To gain a working knowledge of the company healthy eating philosophy and ensure staff are trained and philosophy is implemented in department
• To ensure all food leaving the kitchen is to the agreed company standards
• To offer a personal service to all company Guests and club members that is in keeping with the company resort
• To forecast and make sure correct food stock levels are in place on a daily basis.
• To take responsibility for the management and running of the Kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef including supervising of staff.
• Ensure staff are on the rota and delegating kitchen responsibilities where necessary as per the business needs and forecasting.
• To ensure that all staff report for duty on time as per agreed department rota.
• To ensure systematic training is carried out and recorded.
• To be aware of customer demands and business trends and through liaison with the Food and Beverage Manager satisfy these needs.
• To liaise with the Events team on speciality group menus.
• To ensure that staff performance and appearance is up to required standards and that high standards are maintained at all times.
• Training of team members on section, delegation of tasks to all team members
• Assist other Chefs when necessary and help each other to remain motivated and focused
• To be fully aware of the Company Food Safety Policy and to implement and monitor all Health and Safety hygiene practices and procedures including temperature checks.
• To maintain a high level of cleanliness in the Kitchen ensuring compliance with legislative standards.
• Ensure clear communication is maintained between the Kitchen and other Departments.
• To order food items for all outlets checking on prices, quality and quantity.
To ensure that the nominated suppliers are used on all occasions.
• Control departmental food cost expenditure and to minimize food wastage
• To ensure that all costs are kept within the agreed budget where possible and notify the Head Chef when problems are identified.
• To ensure that all kitchen equipment is used for its purpose at all times.
• To report any maintenance defects to the maintenance department following the correct procedure.
• To ensure good customer relations are achieved when meeting customers within the Resort.
• Attend and contribute to any meetings as required.
• Attend training courses as required and ensure staff in the department attend.
• To work towards the aims of the Kitchen, Resort and Company.
• To be fully conversant with the Resort’s emergency procedures.
• Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and action/report any hazards as necessary.
• Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures
• Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team.
• Food hygiene certificate Level 2
• NVQ Level 1/2