Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
- Performs programming, COTS configuration, code analysis, debugging and review, and develops and executes unit/integration tests, all at a high level of complexity.
- Creates and reviews Detailed Technical Specifications and performs the review of Technical Design for tasks of high level of complexity.
- Provides technical approval of Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity. Provides technical approval of Detailed Technical Specifications.
- Consults on the estimates, design preparation and operational support escalations for large tasks of high complexity.
- Prepares Production Readiness documentation for implementations of medium to high level of complexity
- Acts in Development Lead capacity for medium to high initiatives, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues. Reports status to Project management and interfaces with other domains, IT areas and 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Leads Solution Development process definitions, and development of Solution Development best practices and standards.
- Actively participates in new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction.
- Actively participates in defining and enforcing the source control and release management processes and standards.
- Ensures compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
- Actively participates in evaluation of 3rd party engagement need and in SOW creation and review process.
- Works with the Systems Development Life Cycle and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and all TJX Company
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Master in one or more of the following areas: database concepts, multi-tier/multi- platform application development, distributed processing, open source, business service - SOA/ SCA, mainframe application development, object oriented programming concepts, vendor package configuration, understanding of systems design. Able to direct or provide guidance on design of solutions in or between domains
- Demonstrated mastery with various testing concepts and debugging tools.
- Requires a highly advanced level of technical expertise, along with an ability to identify and incorporate innovative technical solutions during system design and architecture phases. Strong enterprise architecture and design perspectives.
- Requires mastery of the systems development life cycle including complementary software development methods such as software prototyping, JAD, RAD and software development methods based on iterative and incremental development such as Agile
- Expert understanding of source code management tools and concepts
- Thorough understanding of DevOps concepts and tools
- Excellent verbal and written technical and business communication skills. Able to communicate with various areas of IT.
- Able to lead a development team.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the architecture and implementation of applications and systems of medium to high level of complexity.
- Able to drive and coalesce support for changing requirements and priorities.
- Mentor - provide technical guidance to junior and mid-level technicians
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'