Network expert with SD-WAN knowledge or experience and good security skills.
About the client
Global award winning household name in the communications and IT networking market.
About the role
- The Senior Domain Solution Consultant will define the architecture and technical strategy of a specific SDN/SDWAN domain consulting project for the customer as well as leading the internal design resources assigned to supporting the consulting assessment or project.
- As a Practice Lead, you will have the responsibility of driving and managing a European wide regional technology practice encompassing a software-defined networking (SDN/SD-WAN) focus and including consultants who be matrixed or having a direct reporting line.
- Lead the design team assigned on the project.
- Monitor and manage technical client relationships and status of ongoing engagements.
- Become client trusted advisor and contribute to customer Digital Transformation.
- Develop project deployment strategy for the consulting delivery related activities and produce the associated level of effort.
- Recognise and assess client key business drivers and challenges.
- Articulate service strategy (refine, refresh, change, optimise, …) in the relevant digital domain.
- Produce customized architecture standards.
- Produce complex design documents.
- Contribute to the sales effort to support the positioning of new complex solutions in ad-hoc area of expertise and practice active consulting (up)selling.
- Contributes to the effort of knowledge management (documentation of completed assignments, knowledge sharing through presentations, participation to consulting Communities of Interest, mentoring, …).
What we are looking for
Network expert with SD-WAN knowledge or experience and good security skills:
Strong technical knowledge and/or experience in networks and related services
- SDN/NFV, Data Center, Cloud Architecture technologies
- Mastering WAN, LAN, WLAN, routing, switching is required
- Routing: OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, Performance routing, route redistribution, ACL, etc.
- Switching: VLAN, Trunking, QoS, GLBP, HSRP, VSS, VCP
- Wifi: 802.1n and ac standards, MIMO, WLC, Flexconnect
- CCNP or CCIE certification or similar level
Strong technical knowledge or experience in either infrastructure security and/or performance services
- Firewalls, Web filtering, proxies, IPS/IDS, SSL VPN, Cloud security services
- Security product knowledge: Zscaler, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, F5
- Network and Applications Audits and complex Assessment using tools like Riverbed AppInternals or Dynatrace
- APM/NPM product knowledge: Riverbed, InfoVista (Ipanema), Cisco WAAS
- Hands-on SD-WAN design and delivery experience with Cisco/Viptela, Riverbed SteelConnect, and any uCPE/NFV solutions.
Soft Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience in customer facing organizations within the ICT industry (channels, local representations working directly with customer IT management).
- Demonstrated strong technical leadership and matrix team management capabilities in a multi-national environment.
- Direct team management experience a plus.
- Effective customer senior management communication.
- Ability to handle complex situations (internal and customer facing).
- Expert level in the Networking practice and implementation of at least one specific networking consulting project (to be listed according to requirements)
- Advanced level in one or more other related technology practice supporting a networking practice.
- Strong technical skills around telecommunications/IT solutions and services in general / university degree in Communications systems/or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven track record in driving and positioning security technical strategy to customers’ needs at senior IT/CxO level.
- Understand market trends, technical and business issues associated with the ICT industry.
- Excellent business and commercial understanding.
- Financial management capabilities (P&L, TCO, ROI, …)
- Must have consultancy and service delivery experience in the ICT industry.
- Program and/or project management skills are a plus.
About the offer£75,000 - £100,000 fixed salary + 20% bonus + car allowance/car + benefits
An outstanding opportunity within a world class organisation. You will be working with the latest technology, offering a consultative service to some of the best known enterprise logos.
If you feel that this opportunity could be of interest for you, or you would like to recommend one of your contacts, then please contact Daniel Yeates at the PSD Group. PSD are an international recruitment services company headquartered in the UK, with a successful track record of placing mid to senior level executives across the technology and professional employment markets in Europe and Asia, for over twenty five years.
- Technical Skills