Are you an experienced and passionate Software Tester, looking to further your career? If so our client are now recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Established in 2007, our client offer solutions in the personal finance market and strive to offer customers a better way to shop for loans. They believe that their people are the most important asset and that their people are what makes the business tick. Our client offers a range of Financial products through their lending platform including personal loans and mortgages.
A brilliant opportunity for an existing Senior Software Tester or an experienced Software Tester looking to step up, is sought in a fast-moving finance development environment, based in Manchester. You’ll be testing a range of existing and new systems and a wide range of applications including websites, interfaces and back-end systems. You’ll be using both automated and manual testing methods.
What can our client do for you?
- Up to £35,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- 40 hours per week. 8:30 – 5:30 Monday to Friday
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Healthcare plan
- Life Assurance
- Salary Extras
- Workplace pension
Senior Software Tester Responsibilities:
As part of a small dynamic testing team you will be working daily with the scrum team and reporting to the Test Team Lead. You must have an excellent eye for detail and a good understanding of the software development life cycle and the software testing process in an agile environment. You should have good communication and commercial awareness and be used to working at times under pressure and to deadlines.
The role will involve collaborating with the project managers, development team and end users to deliver projects, small changes and bug fixes.
You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the technical tools and processes used by the testing team.
The ideal Senior Software Tester:
To be eligible for this role you must at least have an ISTQB/ISEB foundation level certification and Educated to Degree standard (or equivalent). You will also possess:
- Highly competent and experienced in Functional testing (System, Integration, UAT, Regression testing) on web based and backend applications.
- Testing of SOAP/RESTful APIs using SoapUI / Postman.
- Cross browser testing both manually and testing tools on web browsers and devices.
- Manual and automated testing experience.
- Experience in Test Automation in a software testing environment using at least one scripting language (Java, .Net), Selenium, frameworks and processes.
- Experience in producing, reviewing and running test plans and test cases.
- Experience in producing estimates for testing (which should include the time spent on documents, testing, regression and UAT).
- Ability to understand complex systems and technical specifications so you can prepare test plans.
- Ability to test against requirements & specifications.
- Knowledge of how to interrogate databases (SQL or Oracle) using basic queries.
- Consistently demonstrate urgency and efficiency upon meeting deadlines.
- Contribution to team innovation to explore and experiment with new technologies.
- Experience of working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; you’ll be collaborating and interacting with developers, project owners, UAT teams, and end users.
- Good team player.
- Very keen to learn and proactively share your knowledge to the team.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior team members.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet business deadlines
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Senior Software Tester, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job