Job Title: Senior Software Test Engineer - Manual Testing
Location: Altrincham, Manchester
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 DOE
Hours of work: Flexitime is offered BUT core hours are 10.00am to 3.00pm, Monday to Friday - 7.5 hours per day
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9719
Well, you’ve clicked on this job posting for Senior Software Test Engineer so let’s give you some more information.
Our clients organisation (experts in helping company’s transform and analyse data) is going through a period of growth, growing from 40 < 70 .
An exciting position for candidates wanting to work in an organisation that values its employee’s and their abilities, realises that growth and development is important and is interested in people who will share the same ethos and values.
Manual Testers are encouraged to apply and if you have some Automation Test experience this is of interest to. Exposure to Cloud products (Amazon, Google, Snowflake and Azure) is welcomed.
Come and be a part of this family oriented organisation.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- A 1st or 2:1 class degree in a technical subject or relevant experience
- Python or equivalent scripting
- Manual testing experience
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- Enthusiasm for understanding and learning a wide range of technology
- Experience of configuring Jenkins or equivalent CI systems
- HTTP / Restful API usage (postman or similar)
- JIRA bug tracking
- Management of regression packs
- Demonstrable experience of full release cycle testing
- ISTQB Certified
- Java background
- SQL knowledge
- Automation experience
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Technical Authority on the themes and initiatives owned by the team
- Ensures long term stability of the software, test packs and documentation
- Represents the team in feature and initiative planning sessions and provides expert feedback on new ideas
- Extensive hands-on testing and merging into the product using CI, as well as creating, updating and maintaining regression packs
- Liaising with colleagues and managers to help shape, define and elaborate requirements
- Working with the latest cloud technologies from Amazon, Google, Snowflake and Azure
- Locating bugs and managing them through the lifecycle
- Using modern tools, specifically: Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Browserstack, SQL DBs, and Docker
- Identify new tools and technologies that can be implemented to improve or replace existing process
- The prompt prioritisation and processing by the team of incoming bugs according to strategy
- Ensuring responsive support to the customer-facing colleagues
- Status reporting back to customer-facing colleagues
- Recognition of problems and recasting difficult-to-solve problems in order to find unique and innovative solutions
- Take technical ownership of complex problems
- Assisting colleagues to learn new skills within the team through coaching and knowledge sharing
- Encouraging others to partake in technical discussions and increasing team inquisitiveness
- Explain, demonstrate and engage fellow team members in 'doing the right thing’ guided by the values of the organisation
- Act as a point of technical escalation for test team colleagues
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this role
- Manual Testing
- Full SDLC
- Software Testing Life Cycle
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'