You like the sound of working with a Start-up on a digital entertainment app which is at the forefront of the "new normal" way of socialising.
You're looking to work somewhere you're part of a team, who take pride in working together and who are straight forward, constantly challenge themselves and are constantly learning with a genuine love for what they’re creating.
We are WOLF, a fast-growing community-oriented messaging and gaming app for both iOS and Android. We’re currently growing and expanding the team and we need an experienced Senior Server Engineer to join our core server development team.
Your role will encompass the entire software development life-cycle, including requirements capture, prototyping, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
We're in the midst of a high-growth period and as part of a small team, this role includes support, maintenance and monitoring of the service. There will be plenty of opportunities to research and develop solutions using new technologies, languages and design patterns.
We've listed below the things we're looking for, but we can offer the opportunity to learn any missing skill set gaps if you need.
Day to day, you’ll get involved in the following tasks:
- Designing and implementing great new features using microservice design
- Working as an integral part of our core team
- Converting legacy components into modern microservices
- Maintaining, monitoring, and alert management of our existing services
- Code reviews and improvements
- Supporting other team members (especially less experienced)
- Eventual high level of self automation
- Out of hours support
- Participating in agile workflow
- DevOps mindset
Required skills and experience:
- Relational Database experience (eg. MySQL)
- Object oriented programming experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- Experience with version control (GIT preferred)
Optional skills and experience:
- 6 years or more commercial development
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with cache frameworks
- Experience with networking and high traffic systems
- Experience with message queues (eg RabbitMQ)
- Containers (Docker), Virtualisation and DevOps experience
- No-SQL Database experience (eg DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- AWS experience/certification
WOLF’s mission is to bring the magic of real-world festivals to the online world - uniting people across the globe in discovery, entertainment and belonging.
WOLF takes the magic of the festival experience, and brings it to your online social life - we unite people across the globe in fun, entertainment and belonging.
WOLF was developed from its predecessor, Palringo, the first chat app to launch on the Apple App Store.
The free app is a platform for creativity, having fun and connecting with people from across the globe.
WOLF provides social freedom to people, in a virtual world; particularly relevant now at a time when we don’t have that luxury in our day-to-day lives.
WOLF offer a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus additional time off between Xmas and New Year
- Additional days leave (up to a maximum 5 days) for every year worked after 2 years completed service
- Competitive Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Early Finish Friday
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'