I am currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a large automotive OEM based in Dagenham.
Hourly rate: £100.00 (indie IR35)
- Senior Software Engineer working in Vehicle Order Management.
- You will be part of a team of responsible for re-engineering an existing Order Management system to support critical business initiatives across Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific.
- The core OM application is being transitioned from a legacy monolith to an Microservice based architecture.
- The successful candidate will be working within an agile delivery team building Order Management applications and services.
- Our engineers typically work with a paired partner to develop and implement optimal and innovative solutions.
- They will work collaboratively with other software engineers to develop high quality solutions as well as with other technical teams to share best practices and ensure consistency in technologies, approaches and tools adoption.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Product Owners, Product Manager and Architects to design optimal solutions
- Develops automated tests with working software, to confirm software functionality conformance to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Improves continuous integration tooling by automating manual processes within the delivery pipeline and improving quality gates based on past learnings.
- Reviews ongoing production software operations and troubleshoots production issues.
- Implements tooling that monitors application performance metrics and automatically notifies team when a failure occurs in production. Guides and coach’s junior software engineers
- Strong Java development experience including good knowledge of databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience in creating RESTful APIs and microservices using Spring
- Experience of working within Agile environment, Test Driven Development
- Comfortable level developing in all tiers of application software: front-end, mobile, back-end and database.
- Knowledge of software design patterns Knowledge and practical experience of agile delivery
- Senior/Consultant level Engineer
- 5 years+ development
- Experience as Full Stack Engineer would be an advantage
- Experience coaching other Software Engineers
- Experience of transitioning legacy applications to microservice based architecture
- Degree or equivalent
We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If we wish to consider you further, we will register your personal information in our database and contact you. We may contact you from time to time about other relevant roles. Your personal information will be securely held. For more information please refer to our privacy notice, a copy of which can be found on our website. - Select Engineering Limited.
- API development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'