Purpose of the Role:
This role plays a critical part in developing and enhancing web applications, sites and databases that support this mission. Working with other software engineers and database engineers this role helps to set excellent development practices and to deliver innovative changes in new and existing products. It is a hands-on technical role that leads by example using web, mobile and database technologies.
- Designing, developing and maintaining Company websites and applications mainly using ASP, C# & MVC
- Strong middle-tier development experience with good front end web site development skills
- Working with business analysts, product owners and development team to design and implement appropriate solutions architectures
- Researching and keeping up-to-date with technology applicable to business needs
- Writing clear, concise and comprehensive technical documentation
- Developing and enhancing SQL Server databases
- Knowledge or willingness to learn MarkLogic and XQuery
- Reviewing the work of other team members and providing assistance as required
- Ensuring development and launch procedures and policies are adhered to
- Helping to ensure the global DevOps team works as one efficient team
- You will have a very strong background in delivering ASP, MVC and SQL solutions in a team environment, ideally with some exposure to MarkLogic, document databases or working with XQuery
- Experience of creating and improving the solution architecture of multiple products
- Passion for software and technical innovation, and enjoy being involved in the complete software delivery lifecycle from project scoping through to implementation, testing and ongoing maintenance
- Experience of design and implement solutions using a variety of technologies, frameworks and platforms to deliver excellent results.
- An interest in learning and implementing new technologies is a must, along with the ability to help other engineers to adopt the technology and improve.
Knowledge & Skills:
- ASP/MVC web development using C#
- Relational database development, preferably SQL Server
- Use of source control system within a team setting
- Enterprise level, multi-tiered solution architecture
- API design and implementation desirable
- Document database experience, preferably MarkLogic
- Mobile application development
Education & Experience:
- Degree, or equivalent, in computer related subjects or relevant work experience
- 4+ years in a C# ASP or MVC development role
- A pragmatist with excellent judgement to balance business and technical needs
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies
- Holds a modern view on how software should be deployed
- Able to mentor and motivate other technical staff
- Passionate about the IT industry
- Good communicator with excellent English and a can-do attitude
- Interest in scientific disciplines and/or international development a bonus
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'