We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Software development is a cross functional team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that put us ahead of competition across: online content, customer service and sales. We ask for the very best from our development teams, so we'll make sure that you'll get the training, experience you need to have an enjoyable and fulfilling career here.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the Sky Consumer Products Team within Product Design and Development, you'll help manage the design and development of complete software components, delivering them to working to agreed schedules.
- Track individual defect fixes or new developments against the schedule and provide status reports to the team leader.
- Provide technical input into software architecture design.
- On as needed basis, perform static analysis of code to identify weak spots and prove software design quality.
- Identify technical changes necessary to realise specific project requirements.
- Take ownership of technical investigations, identifying and applying creative problem solving methods and debugging techniques.
- Devise and develop code instrumentation that generates key data to support investigations into potential software issues.
- Delivery of Embedded software for consumer grade products.
- Understanding of Wireless.
- AP configuration and management features: Device Initialisation, Radio / BSS Configuration, Association / Authentication, WPS.
- Technical knowledge of Linux Architecture covering (Bootloaders, Kernel, MTDs, Drivers, FileSystems & Userspace).
- Software Design Patterns and abstraction methods for code: Decoupling, Componentisation, Re-Use, Maintenance.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better