Senior Software Engineer
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
To drive and support the innovative use of data through the exploration and implementation of innovative and well architected technologies within QBE European Operations. Engineering unlocks the untapped value of our data and this role is pivotal in managing, advocating and executing how data is used and engineered for exploration, innovation, commercial exploitation and improved customer satisfaction.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership, advice and guidance on best practice data architecture and engineering standards
• Support and contribute to the development, enhancement and maintenance of an applied data technology strategy
• Architect, build and deploy systems, ETL pipelines and tools to develop data science algorithms and deploy them into production at scale
• Develop RESTful APIs and web apps from end to end (full-stack)
• Manage the infrastructure, while using the cloud to minimize it
• Help drive optimization, tooling and testing for better data quality.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong development experience in Python as the main language (with Django, Flask, or similar)
• Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS or Azure)
• Experience with provisioning, configuration and deployment related technologies in the cloud (for e.g. Terraform, Docker/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Heroku etc)
• Experience in message queue systems
• Very strong experience in Linux • Database technologies and fundamentals (PostgreSQL, BigQuery)
• Networking knowledge (e.g. tunneling, VPN)
• Managing security (e.g. via LDAP, Kerberos)
• Kubernetes (with Helm, Docker, Minikube)
• The PyData stack (pandas, sklearn, statsmodels, etc)
• Gitlab (and Gitlab CI)
• Flask • Celery
What we offer
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• HQ at the heart of the financial industry, working alongside industry experts
• A diverse set of problems, our products span across several domains
• Flexible working
• Hot desking, all desks adjust to standing
• A laptop of your choice
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
- Data Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job