Senior Software Engineer
£46,000.00 to £56,000.00pa
Permanent - Full Time
Our client, a market leader in automation design technology are expanding and are looking for a senior software engineer.
Are you an expert in this field? If so we want to hear from you!
Here is what the company is looking for....
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of supervising and mentoring a software design team.
- Experience in the software design of industrial automation in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in evaluating technical requirements and providing viable solutions.
- Experience in managing both long and short term project team resource requirements.
- The generation and verification of software design documents.
- Interpretation of customer requirements and presentation of design solutions at internal design reviews
- Commercially aware of the effective use of resources, scope change and implications of choice.
- Applying technical due diligence, being risk aware, performing internal and supplier evaluations to mitigate risk.
- Knowledge of British and international standards relative to the design and installation of industrial automation systems.
- Experience of conducting assessments and generating technical documents to support the compliance to the Machinery Directive and other British and international standards.
- Experience in the validation procedures and application of GAMP.
Skills and Qualifications
- HNC, HND, or BSC in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proficient in the use of Rockwell and Siemens programming platforms
- Integration of robotics, vision systems and servo motion into industrial automation solutions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work within tight timescales
Purpose of the Role
To provide a robust, effective, product design solutions to the business to ensure the business meets its responsibilities to customers & regulatory bodies.
- Provide a high level of software design output through a thorough understanding of internal & external customer and regulatory requirements.
- Continuously apply innovative thought to ensure the companies software design services offer maximum value to our customers
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure software design solutions are delivered in the most cost effective manner and scope changes are managed in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload and resources are managed so that deliveries are met
- Ensure software design output is in line with the company’s standard operating procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate project status to team members, management, customers and suppliers.
- Play a pro active role in the departments continuous improvement programme.
- Assist Technical Sales, Innovations and Applications Team to ensure that all proposals are technically viable through due diligence
- Provide the Control Systems Manager with the required information to establish a projects performance relative to its KPI’s.
- Perform the role of software lead at internal and external design review meetings
- Mentor Software Designers to ensure the quality of the design output and achievement of deadlines
- Manage suppliers to ensure quality of output and achievement of deadlines
- Support the Control Systems Manager in the management of facilities and tools.
- Perform a proactive role in the commissioning and post installation activities at customer’s sites in the UK or overseas to ensure a successful FAT & SAT.
- Always strive to add value to our customers, building partnerships based on trust, respect and flexibility. Communicate effectively at all times and provide unrivalled extra service, unexpected and beyond anything our competitors provide
Please apply with a full copy of your CV.
MYNT Recruitment are acting as an employment business.