The job at a glance:
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, the Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the technical implementation of project work by working closely with other team members to ensure scoping and delivery of projects runs smoothly, using clearly defined and modern standards.
You will need to be highly motivated, enthusiastic and proactive with experience of agile working methodologies.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in application development
- Preferred technical skills in any of: Java, C, Python, PHP
- Familiar with each layer of application architecture and system infrastructure points of view; knowledgeable and experienced in micro service architecture and cloud based environments
- Familiarity with AWS as a production environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of front-end MVC frameworks
- GIT repository management
- Familiar with aspects of CI and container based development
- Excellent database skills and understanding of relational and non-relation environments
- Comfortable integrating both commercial and open source dependencies including 3rdpartyAPIs
- Proficient in HTML/CSS, and client-side scripting libraries.
- Possesses a track record of outstanding results and possess a demonstrable portfolio of delivered projects
- Excellent knowledge of application security and has a good understanding of security best practise including the OWASP top 10. Must be able to explain current vulnerabilities and how to defend against them
- Responsible for own application code quality control and unit testing
- Develop and encourage other development team members by process of;
- Code review
- Task management
- Collaborative problem solving
- Encouraging adoption of standards and technology
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and other applications
- Support the IT Co-ordinator in project management and project delivery
- Providing project consultation and project updates
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- To write clean and well documented code to defined standards
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic business that are constantly evolving, who offer a unique work culture and a positive and energetic working environment.
- Software Development
- Infrastructure Services