Package for the position of Senior Software Engineer:
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 p.a. (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company Pension
- Annual Leave: 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Summary of the role of Senior Software Engineer:
Working with a dynamic team that takes ideas from concept to developed products in a fast-moving market.
Working in a small team of creative and focused engineers to deliver solutions to the end customers, ensuring high quality and robust designs for a tough autonomous market; including control, communication and management of various autonomous products.
Details of the role
For the position of Senior Electronics Software Engineer ideal candidates will be multi-disciplined with a solid background in embedded firmware development, Algorithm development for control systems and also an understanding of the overall electronics integration.
The successful candidate will be a theorist with a practical focus on delivery - able to relate theory to practice in a close-knit team and will have a desire to be involved in design from concept to client delivery.
An understanding of embedded systems from both a hardware and firmware is essential.
Additionally, candidates should be creative and technical proficient to understand data produced by a range of environmental sensors and an ability to translate their outputs into a useable data format for applications.
Data Extraction and Data Analysis are then used to identify the critical data required for each application.
Established for 20 years, and having recently achieved record growth, our Portsmouth based client has an enviable reputation for providing innovative and dynamic robotics solutions within a variety of industries, but predominantly work within the marine, defence and Oil & Gas sectors.
Through continued and exciting growth plans, the company now have a requirement for a Senior Software Engineer, with an emphasis on theory whilst having the practical focus for delivery. The position will offer a wide range of varying exciting projects each bespoke to each client’s request offering variety and an interesting working environment and position.
Requirements for successful application:
To be successful in application for this position you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Must have hands on experience in embedded C and C Programming - ideally with Matlab, C++, QT would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience with visual studio
- Electronic systems, which must include commercial electronic design experience
- Communication protocol knowledge would be advantageous
- Data simulation and manipulation skills considered desirable.
- You will need to be at least Degree qualified -typically in Electronic design, Maths or Physics related subjects.
- Embedded Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job