Our client is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. They are a rapidly growing business and have recently tripled in size. They now employ over 350 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
The company is on a mission to accelerate their clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, commitment to innovation and the development of extraordinary teams.
The Senior Software Engineer Role
The client is now investing in expanding their engineering function and you could be the person they are looking for.
They value developers who are enthusiastic and react swiftly. You will contribute code that underpins the business from your very first day. At stand-up you will meet the team, take ownership of your first task and begin to provide your solutions.
You will work together in group code reviews, planning and retrospectives to provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks.
The Senior Software Engineer’s Team
The clients Technology team vision is to create industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. They expect much of their growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. They strongly believe it is their team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to their growth. They support all departments throughout the business in delivering their services and adding massive value for all our customers. Collaborating with colleagues from across the company the team play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You have extensive experience of software development in a variety of contexts, including PHP and MySQL, with Laravel and other Symfony-based frameworks.
- Any experience you have of AWS, Jenkins, Docker and Chef is a plus.
- You have knowledge of TDD and BDD approaches and experience and how they help teams build brilliant solutions.
- You are commercially astute with demonstrable experience of delivering business impact.
- You have experience of working in a Lean and Agile team with solid focus on continual improvement.
- You come from a strong coding background, can explore multiple approaches to solving problems, make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs and effectively communicate them all.
- You have experience of developing the careers of more junior colleagues including new starters, mentoring and training them to the next level.
- You solicit feedback from others and are eager to find ways to improve.
- You lead the way in identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices.
- You have been a key member of and enjoy working in high-performing teams yet can work independently.
- You want to be part of the clients amazing culture.
The Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Contribute to continued evolution of existing products.
- Help design and develop new products to grow the business.
- Join other engineering colleagues in providing input into architectural decisions and be confident in communicating complex ideas and outcomes to peers and managers.
- Identify, communicate and act on opportunities for improving systems you are working on and processes you are working with.
- Proactively support colleagues from the wider business when issues arise and bring those issue to a swift resolution. Find the root cause of issues and make improvements to prevent reoccurrences.
- Deliver accurate estimates for tasks you own and assist other developers to improve their estimation skills.
- Act as a technical lead on some projects, leading daily stand-ups with your team, keeping the focus on delivery.
- Work effectively within our Agile environment, and continuously identify incremental improvements to our processes.
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your engineering effort.
- Help those less senior understand acceptance criteria, and communicate with stakeholders to ensure tasks have appropriate goals before work commences.
- Produce quality code which meets or exceeds our best practices, and participate in code reviews of colleague’s work to help them achieve the same high standards.
- Understands that developers own quality and ensures others know this.
- Understand the different environments your code will operate in, and use existing automated deployment processes to move code into production.
- Drives features through the full lifecycle from requirement gathering, planning, development, testing, acceptance and delivery.
- Improve our codebase by writing appropriate unit and functional tests to satisfy business acceptance criteria, and help your colleagues test theirs in the same manner.
- Effectively communicate the whole team's progress to others in the department.
- Plan and lead a project with others, document, divide tasks, estimate and effectively communicate progress.
- Present projects and other tech related topics to others in the department and company via "Tech Talks" and contribute to documenting our products and processes.
If this sounds like the sort of role you'd be amazing at then please apply now! We'd love to hear from you...
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job