About the team
Our Detection and Response R&D group builds technologies for endpoint detection and continuous response against the most advanced cyber-attacks out there. The Portals team is composed of software and quality engineers developing and maintaining high performant, data intensive web applications that are directly helping in the fight against cyber breaches.
The Portals team works with our technical product managers, and alongside Backends, Sensors, and Investigation and Response teams to deliver front-end for our detection and response platform.
Our team is distributed across three different locations - United Kingdom, Poland and South Africa. Being a distributed team means a lot of flexibility, autonomy, and trust. We put additional effort in ensuring we communicate well and truly operate like a team.
About the role
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineering Lead to join our team to ensure quick resolution of customer-reported issues, smooth operation and reliability of live production systems and non-production environments.
This is a full-time permanent role based in the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping our web applications up and running and available for our customers.
- Responding to support escalations and customer requests. Ensuring those are resolved within our SLAs.
- Improving reliability of our web applications in production by proactively fixing bugs, addressing technical debt and architectural inefficiencies.
- Proactively investigating production performance and availability, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Handling the response and operations of critical incidents.
- Maintaining and improving our CI/CD pipeline to ensure operational continuity.
- Setting up and optimizing our production monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Engaging with other F-Secure teams to resolve interdependency issues and ensure reliability of production systems.
- Optimizing and improving our support and operational processes.
- Establishing service level objectives (SLOs) and ensuring they are met.
- Managing SRE backlog and workload for you and a Software Engineer working with you on rotational basis.
- Debugging complex problems across an entire stack and creating solutions, detailed code implementation when needed.
- Writing, updating, and using documentation, including runbooks/playbooks.
While the team is distributed across multiple locations, communication is very important. You will spend a lot of time in team chat channels, as well as have daily standups via video calls. A few other team-wide meetings happen every week.
You will interact regularly with our Customer Care team members, who provide first line support for our customers, as well as Sales Engineers and Product Managers. You will have an opportunity to provide input into our development roadmaps and influence technical architecture decisions to ensure scalability and performance of our applications. You will regularly interact with other development teams on cross-team dependencies.
One of our Software Engineers will be working with you on SRE backlog at all times on a two-week rotation. Your day will be full of opportunities to help and mentor less experienced software engineers.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have curiosity about how things work and love to share that knowledge with others
- You have experience developing and operating web applications (Vue.js) in production
- You have worked for 2+ years as a Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer or in similar role
- You communicate well both verbally and in writing
- You love to mentor and model standard methodologies for coding, testing, code review, documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Cyber security field excites you, and you want to help protect organizations, society and people from real-world attacks
Our team members are all familiar, skilled, and/or experienced in some of the following:
- Falcon or other Python web frameworks
- GraphQL, RESTful APIs
- JEST, Pytest, Cypress testing frameworks
- Docker, Jenkins
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Software development practices, Git, continuous integration and delivery
What will you get from us
- A chance to make a true impact in building the tools for defending against cyber-attacks
- A great working atmosphere, competitive salary and benefits
including extensive health care, remote working, company supported sport
activities and many more things to keep our best asset - people -
A security background check will be conducted for the selected
candidate in accordance with Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2015.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'