Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
My client has an exciting opportunity that has arisen to join one of their highly successful, branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing.
They are looking to expand its Engineering Department and are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to provide technical support and development for our global customer base.
Established in 2001, my client has experienced rapid, year-on-year growth providing Carrier Grade Telecoms Products and Services to the Telecommunication Industry worldwide with deployments in more than 70 countries.
They are based in the South West of the UK which offers a great country based lifestyle with good access to outstanding coastline and maritime facilities.
The role will cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle:
- Requirements capture
- Software design. The employee shall be required to produce written design specifications to meet specified requirements
- Writing test specifications
- Software development
- Performing unit testing
- Analysing and diagnosing faults in existing products
- Bug fixing
- Provide written and verbal reports to management on project status
It shall be the responsibility of the employee to ensure that their work is done in accordance with the company quality procedures, particularly in the following main areas:
- Software release
- Software testing
- Source code control
- Updating of support Cases within the CRM system
The role does require a certain amount of flexibility and shall not exclusively be restricted to the software development process.
Additional responsibilities shall include things such as:
- Providing technical backup to the support, installation and production teams.
- Assisting in the writing of product user documentation.
- From time to time the employee may be required to undertake on-site visits to assist with support and installation issues.
- The candidate will need to have high levels of energy, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology and delivering change.
- The candidate must be able to work in a standalone Agile Engineering environment.
- The candidate will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Programming Languages: C,JAVA, SQL, Python
- Desirable: Telecoms experience, 3 or 4+ years programming experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments
If you feel that you have the right attitude, skills with a can do approach and combined with this a sound technical background in telecommunications, please do contact Hal at SER LTD
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job