Senior Software Engineer / Senior Software Developer (Java 8 / Python)
Great opportunity for an experienced Java Software Engineer to work on an entirely modern Java stack working with massive datasets and hugely scalable systems.
The company are incredibly well established, having been around for 10 years but still pride themselves on having a very open and energetic "start-up" environment. The role will still be very hands-on so you will have to be a confident Java Developer and you will get the opportunity to work with the latest versions and tech from the Java open source stack - focusing on scalability and distributed systems. The company have a highly agile environment characterised by both Continuous Deployment/Delivery and Test Driven Development.
Skills Required for Senior Java position:
* Advanced CoreJava / Java experience (either Java 7 or Java 8)
* Excellent experience of API's, WebServices and web scalability
* Strong back-end and Database / RDBMS / NoSQL experience e.g. MySQL, Postgres, memcache, NoSQL, Hadoop, Redis, MongoDB
* Good knowledge of Linux
* Strong experience of Agile methodologies including Scrum, Test / Behavioural Driven Development, Continuous Integration / Deployment (Atlassian stack, Jenkins, Puppet, Bamboo, GIT, JIRA, JMeter, SVN, JUnit etc.)
* Excellent communication skills are a must!
The candidate will have:
* BSc or MSc in a Computer Science field of similar.
* Circa 5+ years software development experience.
This role is based in Oxford. Commutable from Didcot; Reading; High Wycombe; Swindon; Newbury; Banbury
£50,000 - £75,000 depending on experience plus an exceptional benefits package and a truly fantastic opportunity to learn.
Contact: Glenn Rose @ reQiva Digital Careers
- Open Source
- Software Development
- Agile Methodologies