Our client is a world-class international media company with over eight 7 million content items available online to institutions globally.
They work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and value honest opinion and open debate. They are responsible for designing, building, testing and releasing their new content distribution site, as well as integrating their key online offerings into one platform. Our client is in the business of building enterprise-class web applications, and delivering a first-rate user experience is essential.
- Are experienced in at least one popular OO language, e.g. Scala, Java, and.or Kotlin
- Have a strong problem-solving mindset
- Embrace agile, XP, and CI / CD
- Understand how to build large-scale web applications
- Consider yourself a generalist and can pick the right tool for the job.
- Enjoy working in *nix environments
- Are passionate in your work and love to share your ideas with your team
- Keep up to date with technology trends and believe in life-long learning
- Ideally have a degree in computer science, or a related discipline
What you'll do…
- Create complex, enterprise-class web applications
- Use the latest tools and technologies
- Influence every step of the delivery process and take ownership for what you build
- Contribute to project priorities and find innovative ways to meet objectives
- Collaborate and work closely with analysts, designers, testers, operations, and product owners, in a diverse and informal environment
Our client builds software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to over four million visitors around the globe every week. XP and Kanban heavily influence their flavour of agile and if something isn’t working, they change it.
Their teams are cross-discipline so that their work delivers value to both the business and their customers: business analysts and UX designers work with stakeholders to coordinate research and understand requirements, frontend developers and software engineers pair with quality analysts to develop the most robust solutions, and our clients platform engineers work across the organisation to ensure their infrastructure never lets them down.
This role is based in our clients’ office in London.
If interested, get in touch!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job