Senior Software Engineer - Trading Sysytems
The Role The successful candidate will join a team developing and managing the firm’s complex systems.
The role will involve close communication with portfolio managers, execution system specialists, researchers, developers, traders, brokers and project management work.
He/she will also be involved in maintaining and operating the in-house electronic analysis and trading systems in after-hours rotation.
The ideal candidate will have Excellent all round computing skills (minimum 5 years of commercial software development experience with at least 3 years working within a .NET Environment version 3.5+), mathematical ability, as well as project experience in meeting deadlines
The individual The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- To further develop & support the company’s geographically distributed systems.
- To join the team in charge of the daily setting up, running, monitoring and troubleshooting the systems which operate 24 hours a day.
- To understand complex trading processes and systems and to help the ongoing development of control parameters, to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
- To be involved in the complete development cycle.
You will have:
- Degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field.
- Strong understanding of software development in C# or Java and object oriented programming
- Strong understanding of database development, ideally with SQL Server, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes and query optimization.
- Experience in the use of both Windows and Unix / Linux operating systems, command line tools, scripting tools and basic system administration.
- Able to work well under pressure and have proactive approach to implementing enhancements and process improvements whilst maintaining precision.
- Desire to learn and ability to work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
- Keen interest in any technology innovation and eager to learn The following will be an advantage:
- A good understanding of financial products and markets
- Experience processing data from market data providers
- Greek / English language skills would be great but not essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job