An exciting Senior Software Engineer opportunity has arisen within a dynamic global leader in online trading.
You will work with an agile, test and behaviour driven approach to deliver effectively to meet business requirements whilst supporting junior members of the team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Mentor junior members of the team in both software techniques and the development process.
- Perform detailed requirement, design and code reviews to ensure thorough due diligence is applied.
- Understand individual business requirements in order to design, develop and test effective solutions.
- Understand and implement required development guidelines, design standards and best practices at all times.
- Understand in detail the business operational process both before and after the impact of any software changes.
- Understand the operational and reputation risk of software changes.
- Understand and document hardware, network and infrastructure requirements of software changes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that sprint plans and work estimates are accurate at all times so that reliable delivery estimates can be reported.
- Take responsibility for analysis, design and development to ensure due diligence is applied consistently to all software changes.
- Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take actions to continually improve the teamâ€™s ability to deliver quality product on time.
- Implement test and behaviour driven approaches and provide support to QA in both manual and automated testing.
- Ensure software releases support continuous build and automated deployment practices.
- Provide prompt and knowledgeable assistance to business continuity and platform operations whenever requested.
- Maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values.
- Adhere to and enhance the firmâ€™s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct in all jurisdictions in which the Firm conducts business and which have an impact on its business.
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- Report control weaknesses, illegal, suspicious or unusual activity.
- Maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required.
Skills, Tech Knowledge & Experience
- A Levels & degree minimum, or equivalent
- C# & .NET (Windows/Web services, Windows forms)
- Multi-threading and concurrency
- SQL Server & T-SQL
- Messaging (TIBCO Rendezvous and EMS)
- TDD (NUnit)
- BDD (xBehave)
- Team City
- ORM (Dapper)
- Web development
- Working with streaming data and real-time systems
- Working in an Agile/Scrum process
- Working in a trading floor environment
Please apply now for a chance to be part of this forward thinking team.
- SQL Server