Senior Software Engineer | C++ | IIoT Provider
Our client is a global leader in Enterprise Location Intelligence solutions. They work with a range of businesses across sectors including manufacturing, logistics, communications and utilities, enabling them to improve operational effectiveness, increase efficiency and boost profitability.
Their Engineering team, based in Cambridge, is responsible for designing and developing their SmartSpace and DIMENSION4 RTLS products. You will be a part of this team, helping to create innovative products to support their customers’ mission-critical operations.
Main Function of the role
Development of SmartSpace and DIMENSION4 software products for a variety of platforms (including some or all of web browsers, tablets, thin clients, servers, and their own RTLS sensor and tag hardware). Working with product marketing and product support teams to ensure that products meet our customers’ needs. Contributing, where required to the whole product lifecycle, including:
• Technical analysis of product requirements
• Design, development, unit-testing, maintenance and enhancement of software products adhering to the product architecture and requirements
• Creation of internal automated and manual test rigs and processes
• Configuration management, automated build and release packaging
• Internal technical design documentation and training material
Configuration and customisation of the products to meet the needs of our customers
The Role, Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for design and implementation of several individual product components or internal development support systems.
• Responsible for sharing knowledge of product components via frequent training and/or internal consulting on a small scale.
• Expert in some areas of the company’s technology and maintains good knowledge of many others.
• Maintains good knowledge of the company’s coding practices and related technology.
• Occasionally supervises other staff.
Skills & Experience
Technical Essential skills
• Familiarity with C++ and at least one scripting language (e.g. Python)
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux, build systems (e.g. make), revision control and bug management systems
• Theoretical and practical skills in development of multi-threaded, concurrent and distributed systems
• Understanding of network protocols
• Understanding of specialised relevant technology areas as required for specific tasks (to be developed by ongoing training)
Normally more than 5 years’ experience
• Qualifications A 1st or 2.1 degree in computer science, maths, engineering or physics
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Windows native and .NET platforms
• Experience in working with large code bases (10,000s of source files)
• Understanding of physics, filtering and sensing
• Able to work in small teams and independently
• Enthusiasm for the company's vision of sensor-driven computing
Founded in 2002, our client is a public company with over 140 staff worldwide serving customers in over 50 countries. Their vision is to improve their customers' operational processes by bringing control to their complexity. Their solutions reduce cost, improve quality and enhance performance, delivering tangible return on investment. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving and driven company and take your career to the next level.
- C++ Language
- Embedded Linux
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job