The primary purpose of the role is to develop, maintain and support our client and associated applications and infrastructure. Using Agile delivery techniques ensure that application designs and developments meet functional and non-functional requirements and are fit for future growth.
The role will primarily be based in Plymouth with some occasional travel to other sites if required.
- Assist in the implementation and management of technical design standards
- Assist in the continuous development of agreed coding standards to ensure alignment with industry best practice
- Develop code to meet user requirements and enable automated unit testing
- Perform and quality assure integration testing to ensure units of code work together and there are appropriate coverage and results prior to release for UAT
- Perform and quality assure regression testing of core code to ensure no impact on unchanged functionality and there are appropriate coverage and results
- Identify areas for, support delivery and quality assure improvements in existing systems and processes to reduce support overhead, cost of ownership and improve the customer experience
- Provide support and maintenance of operational applications and database code
- Troubleshoot, resolve and document end user problems
- Ensure all software applications meet agreed Service Level Agreements
- Ensure all projects are managed to time, scope and quality
- Quality assure all releases to ensure no negative business impact from application releases
- Develop and quality assure code to ensure all code meets the internal coding standards
- Support other Software Developers and team members
Our clients product is a product used by internal and external clients and is at the heart of our clients B2B operations. Improvements in the platform lead to productivity gains for our Energy Managers and translates to energy and cost savings to our customers.
Non-delivery impacts the company's ability to lead in the market place
Delivery of faulty software can lead to a loss of data, lost savings and customer dissatisfaction.
This is role will require a flexible working approach and the ability to work on your own initiative as well as working collaboratively with various developers and stakeholders to ensure that the high standards of our client are upheld and delivered within all agreed SLAs.
Continual problem solving and workload management within the team and individually will be important to being successful in the role.
- Degree level or relevant experience in computer science or related field, for supporting, maintaining and developing applications
- Excellent knowledge of software development techniques and principals using Java
- Excellent knowledge of application development, testing, deployment, support and maintenance
- Excellent understanding of relational database technologies e.g. MySQL
- 3+ years' experience in development software application in a commercial environment
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Excellent knowledge of service-oriented architecture
- Experience of Cloud technologies
- Experience of working in an agile team environment
- Good knowledge of manual and automated testing tools and techniques
- Understanding of business processes and commercial systems / applications, ideally from a Utility environment
- Ability to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to organise and produce work within deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both to determine requirements and present solutions in a non-technical manner
- Able to work with people at all levels within the organisation structure
- Able to accurately analyse problems and provide appropriate solutions
- Able to work collaboratively, as part of a team to solve problems and assist in solution implementation
- Able to learn new technologies, programs languages and procedures to improve service delivery
- Ability to take innovative approaches to problem solving and devise creative solutions
- Ability to understand the needs, objectives and constraints within the wider business
- Ability to take account of new information and adapt solutions accordingly to meet changing priorities
Ability to identify issues and risks within available information and adapt solutions accordingly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"