Our client engineer, manufacture and market differentiated products and systems used for precision dispensing and processing in a variety of end markets, from packaging to transportation and medical to electronics. Founded in 1954, they operate under the values of integrity, respect for people, customer passion, energy and excellence. Their headquartered are in Westlake, Ohio, and has direct operations in more than 30 countries to support products and systems with application expertise and a direct global sales and service organization. This role would be based in Colchester.
They are looking to recruit a senior software engineer to join their team which is made up of 8 senior software developers, principle engineers, software engineers and application engineers, the role will include :
- Develop new software in C# WPF / XAML for bond and more general materials testing
- Develop firmware (C based) to drive the hardware and interface with the high level application
- Work closely with the R&D team, custom engineering, the worldwide applications team and end users to deliver software solutions that meet customer needs.
- General support of bond test and materials test systems code
- Understand user requirements and plan best approach
- Understand hardware limitations and any possible impact on tests conducted by test systems
- Write software to satisfy the test system’s functional requirements
- Developing software test plans and perform first validation
- Document code and provide information for user manuals
- Provide information for code reviews, marketing and presentations
- Ensure agreed project timescales are met
- Any other reasonable duties
- Support and promote company values and policies at all times
- Assist with work required to maintain ISO quality compliance
- Work with all other team members in an effective and efficient manner providing backup and assistance where necessary
- Work to health and Safety guidelines
- Occasionally travel to other Dage facilities, customers or suppliers premises
Education & experience required
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Materials Science, Physics or a related Engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience developing scientific/engineering applications for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience of coding in C#.
- Experience of working with computer controlled electromechanical systems and/or scientific instruments.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience leading software development items.
- Prior experience of materials testing.
- Knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience with servo control systems.
- Professional software development experience using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Team player with good organisation skills
- Creative with strong problem solving skills
- Flexible and self-motivated with a hands on approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
There could be a possibility for you to at times have the opportunity to travel abroad.
- Healthcare after completion of probationary period.
- Pension membership after completion of probationary period (4% minimum employee contribution, 6% employer contribution)
- 25 +8 days holiday per annum
- team player
- microsoft visual studio
- software development lead
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job