THOMAS Recruitment are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a rapidly expanding comparison company. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business, whom are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Developer, to join their passionate and hardworking software team in delivering cutting edge web applications. Our clients growing brand in the UK are looking to expand their development team in Cardiff, due to continued success and ambitious plans to deliver several new projects.
The successful candidate must be able to work 37.5 hours a week between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday. As the company are regulated by the FCA, they are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
- Basic salary £30,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full ongoing training will be provided.
- Good location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company Benefits include: Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension Plan, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Packages, Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Opportunities for Career Development.
- Show leadership and experience in architecting solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Full stack development - from using front end technologies like AngularJS to database technologies such as SQL Server and everything in between - MVC, Web API, WCF.
- Technical point of contact for the team.
- Demonstrate an interest in coding standards and champion best practice.
- Ensure code quality is met through participating in code reviews and testing frameworks.
- Take accountability of issues/incidents and lead through to resolution.
- Manage stakeholders effectively.
- Develop new products and add features to existing .NET applications.
- Develop MVC and Web Forms applications.
- Develop Web Services/APIs.
- Maintain existing applications.
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- Produce clear and concise documentation when required
The Successful Candidate:
- Degree educated in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field (desirable).
- Certified Scrum Master (desirable).
- Solid experience within in a lead development position.
- Extensive experience with .Net in particular C# and MVC
- Working within an agile environment (desirable).
- Entity Framework.
- Web Forms (desirable).
- Web Services - REST/SOAP (desirable).
- Relational databases e.g. SQL (desirable).
- Dependency Injection (desirable).
- Unit testing (desirable).
- Principles of responsive web design (desirable).
- Understanding of database indexing, performance tuning methods and tools.
- Writing performant queries using SQL / dapper.
- Ability and/or experience to mentor, guide and lead by example.
- Highly organised, able to manage deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for problem solving.
- Engaging individual who works well with others.
- Communication Skills
- Management Experience
- Software Development
- Exceptional verbal
- Highly Ambitious