Senior Software Developer
Location: Hedge End, Hampshire
Salary: £41K - £50K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to be a team member in my client's company - as a Senior Software Developer - the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence.
About the Senior Software Developer Role:
We are looking for a capable, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in developing the software that supports the client's service proposition offered to its customers and resellers
The type of person we are looking for will have had involvement in building new applications from the ground up based on the specification and requirements although does not necessarily need to have gained their experience in a commercial environment.
This role would suit graduates as well as those who are new to a commercial environment although have spent sufficient time learning their skill and building their knowledge.
Duties of the role:
- Develop the core systems that will allow customers to take advantage of services based on a Linux/UNIX based architecture.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- Required to work in an environment where the data being input into the developed system is highly confidential and will have experience in developing code that supports strong security.
- As a result of the PCI DSS compliance obligation the person we are looking for will have had some experience in documenting and recording processes and conforming to guidelines set my external "governing" organisations.
- Working with other development colleagues and Systems Administration to agree particular server based software/applications required to operate the software.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within the company.
- Participate in daily team meetings to discuss progress with other team members using a SCRUM methodology.
Technical Knowledge & Skills required:
- Significant experience as a software developer in a commercial environment.
- In-depth understanding, ability to interpret and code (as required) in OO PHP and XML/JSON.
- Strong Experience with MVC frameworks (Phalcon, Laravel, Zend, Codeigniter, Smphony etc)
- Experience with REST web service development.
- Strong experience with highly secure and scalable web development.
- Experience with database design and development. Able to understand and create Entity Relationship Diagram.
- Strong experience with MySQL and able to write and optimize complex SQL queries.
- Strong experience with NoSQL database such as Mongodb, Cassandra, Redis etc.
- Experience with Unit Test.
- Experience with Message Q solutions such as Rabit MQ, Kafka, Active MQ etc.
- Experience with Version Control System such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Able to understand business requirements and transform technical specifications.
- Considerable experience in developing applications that can process high volumes of information without performance degradation whilst encrypting and securing data.
- In-depth experience and understanding of systems, as well as systems analysis and design experience of a formal software development life-cycle.
- Experience with working on AGILE development environment.
- Graduated from Software Engineering discipline.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Software Developer