We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Making bold decisions is a big part of our history - and with talented people like you on board, we're confident it's going to be a big part of our future. NOW TV is our exciting internet TV that's revolutionising the sector with a bold approach, fresh ideas and the latest technologies. We're transforming the way our customers view content by making Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sports available across a range of devices.
As NOW TV are part of the Sky family, you'll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package as well as an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
As a project team we strive to work by the best agile practises, we are passionate about collaboration and delivering value to the customer. As a member of the team you will inspire the team to keep quality, performance and customer experience at the forefront of everything that we do.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices such as pair programming and TDD
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Passionate about their work and committed to helping the team improve
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Releasing to and supporting Now TV in the live environment
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to business stakeholders
- Communicate professionally with your team and other teams in your division, knowing when to contribute and when to listen.
- Delivered work is accurate and thorough and you strive towards excellence
- You play an active part in the Sky Technology communities
- You are an active contributor to internal and/or external open source projects
- You are actively mentoring and coaching other members of the team, your help has a recognized impact on their development
- Very Strong HTML5/CSS3 experience in a commercial customer facing environment.
- Experience of Mocking Frameworks
- Working knowledge and experience with React or Angular
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and experience of agile development practices
- Comfortable with version control systems (Specifically but not limited to GIT)
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better