Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Purpose of Role
As Part of our new Global Software Centre of Excellence Team you will charged with the design and development of innovative software solutions for the warehouse management systems (WMS) we develop within Java EE
• Develop software within Java EE for projects within Dematic's standard warehouse control system software (Dematic IQ)
• Development of software solutions accroding to Dematic current standards
• Assist engineers to integrate the more complex software in to current projects
• Design and perform the testing of software and models
• Provide technical support to customers on sites post implimentation as required as well as providing training to customers on new software
• To continue to challenge current thinking with innovative and best in breed thinking around software use
• Design software using best practice and innovative, modern software techniques in an Agile environment•
Knowledge and Experience Required
Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent qualification.
Enthusiasm for software development and innovation
Substantial experience within Java software development
The ability to be an advocate for software within the business
The ability to travel (10-20% of the time) as the role ios part of a global team and will support projects in other country's (Euope and Asia)
A second language is preferred
Above all will be a willingness and desire to join a global software team at the cutting edge of innovative development
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job