£29.93 per hour
Birmingham City Council require 2 Senior Social Workers to join the Safeguarding team based in Sutton New Road.
The Safeguarding Teams work with the most disadvantaged and vulnerable children and their families with long-term complex and significant needs through Child in Need Plans or more formally subject to Child Protection Plans.
This is an exciting and demanding area of social work practice with lots of variety and diversity, and a great area to learn and develop social work skills. At heart we are seeking to help children and families resolve difficulties so they can grow and thrive. If this attracts you and you share our ambition, we would welcome your application.
Benefits of working for Birmingham Trust:
- £29.93 per hour
- Work in UK’s Largest Local Authority
- Working in a welcoming and collaborative space
- Enjoy support of colleagues and benefit from each other’s experience and expertise
- Diverse locations to practice in
- Support in developing and enabling to carry out best work
What your duties will include:
- Implement and review Child in Need and Child Protection Plans.
- Senior Practitioner previous experience is essential
- Ensure that effective support and interventions (including from other agencies) that engage parents are in place where children have a child in need plan
- Progress Child Protection Enquiries for each child allocated in the team
- Provide high support and high challenge to families in accord with the plan where a child is the subject of a Child Protection Plan from the initial Child Protection Conference onward
- Where the Resource Panel agrees, develop pre-PLO formal intervention with families where CP plans have not brought about sufficient change
- Support family decision making where families are considering alternative care arrangements (such as Special Guardianship Orders)
- Support each child who is the subject of pre-PLO
What you need: - HCPC Registration
- At least 2 years, post qualifying experience.
- Access to a vehicle and full UK Driving Licence
Benefits of working with HCL Social Care:
- Referral incentive of £200 per person after just 6 weeks in a new role.
- Weekly payment on HCL’s managed payroll system
- Career support and guidance from an experienced consultant
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
What should you do now? Contact me here, call ext 1198 or email mehreen.bux[at] to find out more and enjoy the flexibility of working with HCL.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job