Our South West London client is looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Children Looked After Team - the main duties of the role will be:
The successful candidate will be placed within an adolescent care planning team working with young people often who have become looked after during their teenage years. We encourage our young people to make use of the support available to them whilst they are looked after and where possible to enable them to return home. Workers within the team need experience of and a passion for working with teenagers. Experience of working with young people to address risky behaviours such as going missing, risk of Child Sexual Exploitation, offending behaviour and radicalisation within Care or Pathway Plans is important. Our aim is to prepare young people for being in the strongest position possible for leaving care when they are eighteen by equipping them with the practical and emotional skills needed. This may include transitions to adult services. Knowledge of the Signs of Safety Framework and Ambit model is desirable. A commitment to working with colleagues from other agencies and services is essential as is experience in working in including young people in their care plan.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
Social Care Locums is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment - we offer twice weekly payroll too!
For more information, please contact Simone at Social Care Locums or visit our website to upload your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job