Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated advanced social worker to work full time working within a Children & Young People Services based in London. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £31 per hour and is an initial 3 month contract.
Social worker duties include:
- Manage social work caseload of more complex nature and with high levels of autonomy.
- Provide expert professional and technical advice to other Social Workers, managers, colleagues and partners.
- Provide professional supervision of other Social Workers (circa 3-6), supporting caseload management and promoting reflective practice and continuous professional development.
- Demonstrate skilled use of range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
- Model and help others develop social work professionalism and effective caseload management.
- Establish network of internal and external colleagues to support effective practice.
- Prepare court proceeding reports acting as expert testimony in Care or Private Order proceedings.
- Participate in Panel processes.
- Chair professional meetings with inter-agency partners and clients.
- To produce management information and analysis.
- Participate in team planning and contribute to the delivery of team and service plans.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Experienced Social Worker level).
Requirements of the social worker:
*Degree or equivalent in social work
*Current HCPC registration
*Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
*2 years post qualified with experience within local authority
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
*Your own personal consultant
*Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
*Quick and Easy Registration Process
*An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
If this sound like a role for you then please Apply today, alternatively for more information call Marta Ramos on or email