A new Senior Site Manager position has just arrived in Kent!
- Location: Canterbury, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: April 2018
- Duration: 9 months
- Salary/Rate: £220-£250 per day (dependant upon experience)
- Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper at the Maidstone branch
An industry leading contractor operating nationally specialising in new build and refurbishment projects across the industrial, retail and commercial construction sectors.
A new design & build mixed use scheme containing both residential and commercial units. The project is valued at £25m and is currently at site setup stage. The project has a programme length of 68 weeks.
As the Senior Site Manager you will be responsible for a well resourced team and the role will consist of but not be limited to:
- Responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of the project.
- Produce a detailed lead project programme using Asta Power Power Projects, monitor and report on progress against targets.
- Manage and maintain the project budgetary requirements.
- Resolve technical problems with the aid of a Design Manager ensuring works are completed to the correct specification and QA standards.
- Effectively lead and manage the project team which consists of Design Manager, Assistant Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Temporary Works Coordinator and Site Engineers.
- Point of contact for the client & their representatives, Engineers, Architects & Designers.
- Chairing project review meetings with the client and contractors.
- Ensuring sufficient resources are in place through while maintaining budget for successful completion of the project.
- Providing regular progress updates to Directors.
- You will have gained circa 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Have the correct CITB and First Aid qualifications for the position i.e. CSCS Supervisor, SMSTS and First Aid at Work certificates/cards.
- Recent and relevant experience.
- Experience of controlling multiple sub contractor packages abd directly employed staff.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for further contracts across the Kent region.
- Access to a host of training courses through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.