Redstone is a recognised market-leader in the structured cabling arena. Redstone designs, implements and supports high performance structured cabling infrastructures, ensuring that they provide the bandwidth and resilience to grow with business needs.
Our track record includes high profile implementations in environments such as office buildings, data centres, retail schemes, financial services, university campuses, pharmaceutical R&D environments, government offices and stadia.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Site Manager to join our highly skilled structured cabling team you will be dedicated to providing cabling solutions on time, on budget and delivered to the highest standards taking full responsibility for the completion of small to medium sized Cabling Projects or an element of a large project under the control of a Project Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a experience working in the IT industry with a thorough understanding of cabling installation practices with the ability to manage and motivate teams of engineers.
The role will be based from client sites as required, car or allowance, overtime and some travel paid on top of base salary advertised.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of supervisors and engineers to ensure all cable installations are installed to specification, on time and meet Redstone and Manufacturers quality standards
- Ensure all current Health & Safety requirements are met, carrying out risk assessments, drafting method statements and ensuring all H&S procedures are followed.
- Ensure stock is managed in a cost effective manner and that there are sufficient materials available at all times to ensure efficient installation.
- Order materials as required.
- Compile progress reports as required and / or provide information in a logical format to the Project Manager
- Carry out quality checks on all works carried out by the cabling engineers and ensure all required quality standards are met.
- Read and understand all site drawings, update 'as and when’ work is completed.
- Attend and document client meetings and ensure all required actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Compile process and produce documentation as required to meet company and client standards.
- Draw up patching schedules and ensure timely implementation of any patching requirements.
- Ensure all required installations are documented as specified
- Draw up Operations and Maintenance manuals as required.
- As and when required assist in any urgent installation works.
- Ensure that project profitability is maximised at all times
- Provide financial information to the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager when requested.
- CSCS / ECS Card (essential)
- SSSTS / SMSTS certification (preferred)
- CNCI / CNIT (preferred)
Due to the volume of applications received it is not always possible for us to reply to each application, therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Copper Cabling
- Site Management
- Structured Cabling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job