A new Senior Site Manager position has just arrived in Kent!
- Location: Dartford, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: February 2018
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary/Rate: up to £25 per hour (dependant upon experience)
- Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper at the Maidstone branch
One of the UK's leading provider of new homes with a large land bank in the South East they currently have 8 developments underway in Kent with planning for a further 6 to go live within the next 12 months.
A new build development of detached houses, semi-detached houses, terraced and apartments. The scheme is currently at varying stages of the production process with 2 phases underway concurrently which include private spec and affordable housing.
As the Senior Site Manager for the development you will be responsible for managing and supporting the site based team ensuring all programme, quality and health and safety requirements are achieved. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Report directly to a visiting Regional Contracts Manager.
- In conjunction with the Regional Contracts Manager, prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
- Monitor progress of the build programme to ensure construction methods and timescales are met and take corrective action to bring progress back in line with programme.
- Liaise with the utility companies to ensure the build programme requirements are met.
- Hold weekly sub-contract meetings using the standard sub-contract meeting agenda. Discuss and resolve all actions and circulate minutes.
- Check sub-contract orders prior to issuing any variations or instructions.
- Plan flow of materials to ensure all requirements are met.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and sub-contract requirements for the site.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain traffic management and site strategy and review as required.
- Keep the health and safety record up to date at all times.
- Accompany health and safety advisors during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for all operations.
- Carry out service visits in accordance with the Customer Journey.
- Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
- Arrange and attend effective site based meetings with the Sales Team Leader and that the required information is available to enable the Sales Team Leader to update the customers.
- Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
- Action items raised by the Regional Contracts Manager, Sales team or Customer Care team.
- Ensure that all materials are checked for damage and that they meet the required quality standards.
- Ensure sub-contractors adhere to the protection guidelines as stated in the site protection manual and trade specification.
- Complete site checklists accurately and return to the regional office on a weekly basis.
- Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor quality stage checklists are complete prior to payment being authorised.
- You will have gained circa 8+ years experience, ideally working for a developer.
- Have the correct CITB and First Aid qualifications for the position.
- Be able to control subcontract packages.
- Good level of IT literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
- Working knowledge of Asta Power Projects and document control software.
- Recent and relevant experience.
- Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive rate.
- Opportunity for further contracts across the Kent region upon completion of the phases on permanent or ongoing freelance basis.
- Access to a host of training course through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.